Lucknow is one of the best cities known for its tradition and culture. There are lots of tourist attractions that will seek your attention including both the historical monuments as well as the modern sites. If you talk about the cuisines, the Avadhi dishes are very popular and known for its scrumptious taste. If you are a non-vegetarian, Lucknow is the perfect place to try the mouth watering kebabs which are just out of the world.
When it comes to shopping, do not miss to buy the chikankari kurtis and sarees which are incredible. Even the chikan work men kurta are really famous and come in plenty of designs and colors. So you can say that Lucknow is just an ideal place as it has everything to offer to the tourists. From the sightseeing options to the cuisines and shopping you will definitely make you fall in love with the city. If you are planning to visit Lucknow, here are some of the popular things that you should not miss out.
- Historical places: Lucknow is well known for some of the finest monuments which hold along historical background. Some of the most visited places in the city are Chota Imambara, Bada Imambara, Dilkusha Kothi, Ambedkar Memorial Park, Lucknow Zoo, Lohia park and Janeshwar Mishra Park. These are some of the most visited places where thousands of tourists come here. These places are not just an attraction but portray the architecture of the ancient times. Dominating the power of Nawabs, this city engrosses unhidden facts that you will like to explore. Take the help of the guide and visit these places and get to know the history behind it. You will definitely love the places as each of them has a story behind it.
- Shopping in Lucknow- Lucknow is famous for the shopping sprees as there are numerous local markets where you can find some great collection. From the popular chikan work to the modern art and craft, you will get everything you are looking for. Some of the renowned markets of Lucknow include Aminabad, Hazrat Ganj, Lal Bagh market, Bhootnath market and Chowk. Apart from the local shops, you can even explore the different malls like Sahara Mall, Fun Republic, East End Mall, Phoenix mall etc for the branded stuff. So here you can find a huge variety to suit your taste as well as budget. So, shop till you drop and take away the famous chikan work stuff for your friends and families.
- The Great Lucknow Mahotsav: Lucknow Mahotsav usually starts at the end of the November and continues till the first week of December. It is one of the biggest festivals held for 10 days where you can find stuff from every corner of India. All the states bring their special items to be sold to the local people. During the evening a number of musical programs are held that makes the festival even more dazzling. Different kinds of food stalls are also present which include the traditional as well as the modern cuisines. You can easily taste the Indian cuisines and enjoy the swings as well. In short Lucknow Festival gives you a glimpse of the true Avadhi culture which exists even today. Si why not be a party of such great festivities and enjoy yourself.
- Food: If you come to Lucknow and miss out the food, your trip is just incomplete. Lucknow is known for its tasty non vegetarian dishes which are incomparable. If you are fond of the kebabs, try in Lucknow as there are lots of local shops where you can taste them. Chowk is famous for the different kinds of kebabs including the Galawati kebab, Boti kebab, Tunday kebab and lots more. Some other popular dishes include Rogan Josh, Lucknowi Biryani, Tokri Chaat, Paya ki Nihari, Malai Ki Gilori, Sheermals, Lucknawi Paan and last but not the least is the Prakash ki Kulfi. Even the street food of Lucknow is quite popular and enjoyed by the local people as well as the tourists. If you wish to try a few dishes you can head towards Chowk and Aminabad for it. Other than the local delicacies, you have the excellent restaurants which serve and tasty and quality food. Some of these are Cheer Peer in Gomti Nagar, Kitchen in Indira Nagar, DastarKhwan Lalbagh, Grandson of Tunday Kebab Aminabad, Falak Numa Restaurant Hazrat Ganj, Colours By Royal Caf̩ Hazrat Ganj, Barbeque Nation Gomti Nagar, Kareem’s, Walnut and many more. In all, there is a lot to eat and explore when you come to Lucknow.
- Fun things to do: If you are looking for some recreation and fun, don’t worry there are ample options in Lucknow. There are some well known places for entertainment where you can have great fun. This includes Oudh Gymkhana Club, Mohamed Bagh Club, Genesis City Club, Lucknow Golf Club, Chancellor Club, Ansals Theater and Club Hotels Private Limited and Lucknow Water Sports Club. Apart from the clubs you have a few water parks as well where you can go with your family. Some of them are Fun City, Anandi Water park, Charans Resort and Aamrapali Water Park. You can easily find transportation to reach these places as all modes of transport are available in the city.
- Best time to visit Lucknow: Though Lucknow attracts tourists all the year round but the ideal time to visit the city is from October to March. It is because the climate is quite good during these months and you can even enjoy the Lucknow Festival which begins at the end of November. This is usually the peak season for the tourists when people from different parts of the country as well as foreigners come here to enjoy their trip. So if you too want to have fun and an awesome experience you should come to Lucknow at least once.
Lucknow is a destination which is meant for all age groups people as kids, adults and old people everyone can enjoy. Also the food varieties are so vast that you will go crazy with the endless list of the cuisines.